BIC Sport YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak Product Review
Kayaks are a type of boat that is slim and small in structure, and most kayaks accompany one or two people. They’re perfect for enjoying rivers, lakes, and even the ocean (in the right circumstances.) Also, for people who do not know how to operate a motorboat or a sailboat, a kayak is a much easier option for enjoying the waters. Inflatable kayaks, such as the YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak by BIC Sport, are another form of kayak you can use for recreation. Let’s explore inflatable kayaks (1) and the BIC Sport, model.
What Is an Inflatable Kayak?
Inflatable kayaks – kayaks that need to be inflated before they are used – were introduced about 15 years ago. Over the years, they have become comparable to hard-shell kayaks, and they fit one to two people. Inflatable kayaks are lightweight, easily portable, and easy to store. They can be inflated to high pressure, and because they are naturally buoyant, they’re hard to capsize. Some inflatable kayaks come with a repair tool kit for any possible snags or tears. Today, inflatable kayaks are blown up by the use of a pump.Shop Best Prices
What Is the BIC Sport YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak?
The BIC Sport YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak is a camo/grey-colored kayak perfect for blending into wildlife scenery for fishing and hunting. The average kayak is 10 inches long. The YAKKAIR HP2 is 13 feet 5 inches long and 37.8 inches wide. Most inflatable kayaks weigh between 25 to 30 pounds. The kayak is 33 pounds. Most inflatable kayaks hold up to 400 pounds or more. The YAKKAIR HP2 holds up to 550 pounds.
The YAKKAIR HP2 holds two adults. It has a high-pressure floor and an integrated keel system. The inflatable kayak includes backrests, a hull, a pump, and a storage bag to hold the kayak when not in use. The kayak is available in either the fishing or non-fishing version.
What Are YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak Pros and Cons?
- Hard kayaks can weigh up to 80 pounds, making them hard to carry without assistance for some individuals. YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak is lightweight at 33 pounds when blown up.
- BIC Sport’s inflatable kayak, as with most inflatable kayaks, is more buoyant than hard kayaks.
- Recreational hard kayaks have a weight limit of approximately 300 pounds. The YAKKAIR HP2 holds up to 550 pounds, which is suitable for two people and fishing equipment.
- BIC Sport’s inflatable kayak, as with most inflatable kayaks, is easy to store. Simply deflate and place in the storage bag included with the kayak.
- The YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak has an attractive camo/grey design that is perfect for fishing and hunting.
- BIC SPORT’S inflatable kayak does not come with a repair kit. Therefore, users will need to buy one separately in case the kayak ever needs to be repaired.
- The kayak does not come with a pump to inflate the kayak. Therefore, a pump will need to be purchased separately.
- Because the YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak needs to be inflated to use, it takes longer to get such a kayak set up for use over a hard kayak.
- Such a kayak should be completely dry before storage to prevent mold and mildew. You can store a hard kayak immediately.
- If you’re a beginner, inflatable kayaks may seem harder to get used to maneuvering than hard kayaks.
- Compared to other inflatable kayaks, the YAKKAIR HP2 is much more expensive.
Who Can Benefit From the YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak?
This is a kayak that is good for people who like to fish or hunt. The significant weight of the kayak is enough to fit two individuals, plus fishing or hunting equipment. The camo/grey design of the kayak is designed to blend into the wildlife for fishing and hunting.
The YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak is also good for people with small cottages or other living conditions where space is a concern. Because the kayak can be deflated and placed in a storage bag, it’s more compact than a hard kayak.
Finally, BIC Sport’s inflatable kayak is lightweight at only 33 pounds. Therefore, it is easier to carry than a hard kayak, which is especially important for strength and mobility issues.Shop Best Prices
About BIC Sport YAKKAIR HP2 Inflatable Kayak
- A performance inflatable with room for two adults
- Proprietary high-pressure floor and integrated keel system for hard shell tracking performance
- Complete system including hull, pump, backrest, and transport/storage bag
- Available in standard or Fishing version
- The ultimate, lightweight, transportable, performance inflatable kayak
Folded down into a carry bag, the YAKKAir HP is easy to carry on foot or in the boot of your car and is fully inflated for use in minutes using a high pressure pump with a pressure gauge. The YAKKAir HP is designed to carry up to 2 adults. Stable, fast, light weight and super comfortable, it’s a fully-equipped kayak with a comfortable seat and foot stretchers coming as standard. The guiding principle of these innovative boats has been the use of multiple materials in the construction to help reduce weight, plus the combination of a keel and a high-pressure inflatable hull/floor to maximize the V effect. Result: the YakkAir HP series are lighter, perform better and give a more comfortable ride than conventional inflatable kayaks. They have reduced wind drag/resistance and are easier to steer at sea, giving them a performance equal to that of existing rigid designs. On the water, YakkAir HP kayaks are simple to steer and deliver excellent performance thanks to the dynamic hull design. You’ll be paddling in the dry thanks to the rigid high-pressure floor and the water run offs in the double floor. And paddle comfort has also been improved with the use of a belt backrest as standard. Smooth glide and excellent sea handling mean you can go exploring in complete safety. The fishing version adds Deluxe Fishing backrests, and paddle holder. Both models will accept the optional YAKKAIR protective canvas deck cover to keep you protected from the elements.Shop Best Prices